I am absolutely abuzz to share this awesome Artichoke Pie recipe with you. It’s a great dish for a meatless Monday meal or a girl friends luncheon, but trust me, men like it too. I got this recipe from my friend, Robyn, who also happens to be the mom of my daughter’s boyfriend.
- 1 9″ pie crust (I used a deep dish pie pan so the crust only came up to the top of the edge)
- 2 can quartered articokes
- 1 16oz block of mozzarella cut into chuncks
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 gloves garlic
- Place oil in saute pan with garlic. Cook a minute or two until fragrant. Add the artichokes and saute until they are soft but not browned.
- Meanwhile, cut the block of mozzarella into chunks. Drop eggs into a bowl and whisk a little, then add the cheese. Add artichokes into the pie crust with a slotted spoon. Pour the egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
Serve with a simple green salad and light vinaigrette. It’s rich, creamy and comforting, but most of all easy.