I alluded to a Words With Friends comment that turned into a girls vaca last week in my Ten Things of Thankful post. Here’s how it went down:
I casually messaged a friend during the game that I was taking a solo few days at the beach, was there any way she could make it? She lives in Michigan and I rarely see her, but she does travel quite a bit and has some ties in NC, so I thought maybe. . . . . To make a long story short, she booked a flight to NJ. I was to pick her up on Sunday and we would drive down to the Outer Banks together on Monday. And then.. . . .
because this wasn’t enough excitement, I also asked a local friend of both of us, who was also available; Susie, Stephanie and Val on a long weekend in the middle of the week. There is a history of friendship between us – we all graduated from HS together. It was a great week full of love, laughter and fun. We refer to ourselves as long time friends, not old friends because . . . old.
- Safe travels and shared driving for the eight hour trip which seemed to fly by.
- Fried chicken at Royal Farms.
- Friendship in real time today – we have all evolved, yet still relate in deep and meaningful ways.
- Rum tasting event at the Outer Banks distillery.
- Shopping for fun.
- Cooking light and easy meals for my friends (to counteract the fried chicken)
- Having a curtain valance sewed for me (my original intention for going) by my friend who was a professional sail-maker by trade.
- Rest and inspiriation.
- The promise to do it again next year.
It’s always a joy to share thankfuls each week at the Ten Things of Thankful Bloghop. Click on the blue frog to share your post, or read others’ posts.